Junior Software Engineer
Position Type: Full-time (35 hr/week)
Location of position: Mississauga, ON (with some ability to work remotely)
Eligibility: Can work in Canada (no visa required)
Start Date: June/July 2021
Salary: Competitive, Negotiable
In this position, you will be porting games for our clients to a variety of video game platforms. Our studio primarily focuses on porting games that use the Unity game engine to consoles (PlayStation, Microsoft, Nintendo). We may also port games to other platforms (i.e. Apple/mobile/Steam/Epic Game Store) or games made with the Unreal Engine. When you are not porting games, you will be working on internal game projects using Unity.
This is a full-time position, with a flexible work schedule. Due to this position requiring the use of development kits, this position will require you to come into the office but working remotely, when appropriate, will be an option. We currently do not have an office space, but it will be within walking distance of either the Clarkson or Port Credit GO train stations in Mississauga. We use typical tools to communicate such as Slack/Discord and Trello.
- Code in a clear and structured way, taking into account performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements
- Flexibility to adjust your coding style to meet the needs of any client.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Collaborate with other members of the team to solve problems
- Determine and correct the bugs identified by people from other disciplines and the quality control team
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge back to our team in order to allow us to work more efficiently on future projects
- Participate in team communications (email, instant messages, video calls) during core business hours
- Carry out all other related tasks
Bachelor of Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent training or experience;
- Fluent in C#
- Fluent in C++
- Strong knowledge of debugging, profiling and memory management
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of networking a plus
- Unity game engine experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Unreal Engine experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong linear algebra and calculus
- Autonomous and resourceful
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
Equilibrium Systems welcomes applications from all interested parties.
Please email us at email@example.com with the job title as the subject to apply. Attach a resume/CV/portfolio link within the email.